woensdag 6 februari 2008

First post!

Well, here we go! Time to kick off my 'professional' blog. I will be posting my experiences with various programming languages here, although it will mostly be about Microsoft's .NET framework.

A little bit about me? Sure!
I've been developing on different levels of complexity in C, C++, Java (1.3 - 1.5) and C# (1.1 - 3.5) for a few years now. I've developed a strong preference towards web based frameworks in the past few years, after working for a company that develops online management tools.
This company (we'll just call it Company X) has a nice package deal on things like CRM, CMS and stock management, in a web based environment. The software started out small, and grew to, dare I say, enormous proportions. Needless to say, it's a great source of all kinds of anti-patterns.
Working with this bunch of spaghetti sparked my interest in proper design, on ALL levels. Nowadays, I want my (x)html output to be clean and validated, my CSS has to be structured, and last but not least, my C# code has to follow strict standards.

Anyway, enough about me, I hope I can find the time to blog about some interesting developments in the .NET framework soon. I'm kinda waiting for the .NET 3.5 extensions RTM (I want my MVC controls!).

Geen opmerkingen: