dinsdag 24 februari 2009

Things I still want to blog about

So, it’s busy, life’s busy, I’m busy. So I want to make a list for myself what to blog about. I’ve got a lot of interests, but I’d like to stay in line with the general topics I’ve written about so far. So, here’s my list for the coming weeks (months?).

  • NHibernate and custom usertypes
    I’ve recently ran into a simple case where this might apply. I’ve got the code, just need the explanation.
  • Storing an unbounded tree structure with NHibernate
    Using modified preorder tree traversal. This seems to be a great way of storing trees, it’s just very clumsy to use.
  • More on moving from SVN to Mercurial
    I’ve already taken Mercurial into my production cycle, but I need to finish my drafts on this!
  • Making yourself known on the web
    It’s what I am doing. I want a good professional presence on the web, as it might help getting credibility in the future.
  • Contributing to OSS series
    In my opinion, one of the best ways of gaining ‘web-cred’. Especially if you pick something that’s going to be the next best thing since sliced bread which is still small enough to make an impact on. Subjects in this series would be something like ‘choosing your pet project’, ‘first steps into contributing’ and something about how documenting/translating is helping too. This series will also mark my experiences so far with contributing to OSS (which I intend to pick up a lot more).
  • Something about IoC containers, notably Unity and Windsor

And some ‘maybes':

  • Selection of a suitable WYSYWIG web editor
    We all need a good one, but there’s a lot of outdated stuff out there. Malformed/deprecated HTML, embedded styles…
  • jQuery fun
    jQuery is fun to use, but I don’t know if there’s enough material for me to write about.

To get myself up to speed, I want to write something at least once a week, as long as I have material to write about. I want to see that hitcounter ticking in real time!

Geen opmerkingen: